CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, December 21, 2008

The Seventh Beatitude


"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God."

Peace. This is all that many nations desire from one another. However, subtle disagreements usually prevents peace from being achieved. I believe that the first step of obtaining universal peace is to first encourage peaceful relations between ethnic groups in one's nation first.

As one may perceive, peace usually starts with one person and spreads to others. This person should labor persistently to bring peace among other people, who are actually willing to obtain peace. Therefore, I believe that this Beatitude encourages human beings to learn to be peaceful and friendly to each other. Only then would these peacemakers be called the children of God. Anyone is capable of being an example of a peacemaker. The only thing that is needed is a good conscience and the desire to have peaceful relationships with those around them.

2 comments:

Joseph said...

Pham, I do not agree with everything you stated in your post, for I took it that you believe what you said is fact. In reality, there are those in the world who do not wish the best for the other countries aroiund them. Islamic extremists, for example, attack anyone that do not believe in what they preach. However, I digress, for it was not my intention to diminish your theories. I simply mean if what you said was true, if countries really did want the best for each other, where does war birth from? From petty differences? Or from hatred toward others?

TiengPer5 said...

I respect your thoughts and opinions on this Beatitude.

Through my explanations I simply portrayed that peace begins with one person and slowly spreads to others. However, if the majority of people believe in a certain thing, such as wiping out people with a certain belief, then a war may occur. In other words, wars occur through hatred toward one another.